We would like to invite you all to come to this Special Class!
Shivam Yoga is grounded on two philosophic bases; the Samkhya and Tantra philosophies.
Samkhya explains about the existence of life and The Universe based on Universal laws, mainly Karma and Dharma laws.
Tantra is a behavioural philosophy. Tantra means toll (Tra) of development (Tan). Tantra is also understood as an energetic philosophy because it explains about the energetic physiology of the body and life. Samkhya and Tantra philosophies are a life expression of the Dravidian people.
In this course we will study both of these philosophies in depth and how they relate to Shivam Yoga. We will also look at how they relate to yoga as a whole, in relation to historical yoga, modern yoga and contemporary yoga.
1) The origin of Samkhya and Tantra philosophies
2) The tantric character of the Dravidian people
3) Samkhya character
4) The Gunas
5) The way to enlightenment of consciousness
6) The Dharma and Karma laws
7) The universal web
8) The feminine force of the being
9) The lineage of Tantra
10) Levels of consciousness
11) Traditional Shivam Yoga practice and it’s relationship to Samkhya and Tantra
12) Shivam Yoga as a practical philosophy
13) The Yoga lineage through time and its relationship with the Indian philosophies
14) Devotional Yoga
15) The primary goal of yoga
16) Mystic or mixed yoga
17) The uncharacterised Western Yoga
18) Sexuality in Yoga
5 Dodder Court, Dundrum Road, Dundrum, Dublin 14
[House with red door opposite Thunders Bakery]
Shivam Yoga Marga : Dundrum